I preordered the Minissimo RWBY: Ruby Rose Poseable Figure from AmiAmi. Great site.
Just a heads up, however. If you haven't ordered the Minissimo RWBY - Ruby Rose Poseable Figure, I would recommend you AVOID it unless you are confident in modding figures.
Things look fine in the prototype/marketing photos, but the actual item I got was produced incorrectly, and the middle section of the scythe is flipped. It comes apart in 3 sections, but one of the socket/pin mechanisms is notched, forcing the scythe to be assembled in the wrong orientation.
This is a mass-produced error, as even the packaging mould was created with the wrong orientation.
If you happened to buy this figure, I imagine with some care, there are probably a dozen ways a hobby/craft knife should be able to correct this without being visible. It is possible to afterwards glue the tail end if the connection is weak; however, the only way to add/remove Ruby's hand gripped around the scythe shaft is to disconnect that segment, so I would not advise glue inside the socket.
I was originally planning to use a hobby knife to cut an additional notch on the tail shaft's pin, but that would likely make the connection weak. Also, a lot of the existing paint is like a farsighted child without glasses tried to color within the lines using a thick crayon. Since I'm planning to eventually recolor a lot of the details and add extra details, I'm considering making my cut either towards the rifle butt, or where I expect Ruby's hand to cover up. During the recolor process, I'll just lightly sand any protruding glue with fine grit and color over the connection.
FailsWithTails out. A bunch of my old blogposts accidentally reused my old name. Fuck.
Just a heads up, however. If you haven't ordered the Minissimo RWBY - Ruby Rose Poseable Figure, I would recommend you AVOID it unless you are confident in modding figures.
Things look fine in the prototype/marketing photos, but the actual item I got was produced incorrectly, and the middle section of the scythe is flipped. It comes apart in 3 sections, but one of the socket/pin mechanisms is notched, forcing the scythe to be assembled in the wrong orientation.
This is a mass-produced error, as even the packaging mould was created with the wrong orientation.
If you happened to buy this figure, I imagine with some care, there are probably a dozen ways a hobby/craft knife should be able to correct this without being visible. It is possible to afterwards glue the tail end if the connection is weak; however, the only way to add/remove Ruby's hand gripped around the scythe shaft is to disconnect that segment, so I would not advise glue inside the socket.
I was originally planning to use a hobby knife to cut an additional notch on the tail shaft's pin, but that would likely make the connection weak. Also, a lot of the existing paint is like a farsighted child without glasses tried to color within the lines using a thick crayon. Since I'm planning to eventually recolor a lot of the details and add extra details, I'm considering making my cut either towards the rifle butt, or where I expect Ruby's hand to cover up. During the recolor process, I'll just lightly sand any protruding glue with fine grit and color over the connection.
FailsWithTails out. A bunch of my old blogposts accidentally reused my old name. Fuck.

No comments:
Post a Comment